Montgomery County Ohio.....experiances???

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacksonburgFarmer

:mad:Ok. Does anyone have any experiances with the Montgomery County Building Department????? I have....I dont like them....at all...
Customer calls for a service change on a little shop, welder tripping breakers. I go to look, and a 150 year old building, being used as a small welding/fab shop has a 120/240V 60AMP service....YES 60 Amp. It was a real cobbed together mess. I give a price, customer accepts, I go to county building dept to get elec permit, and had POCO out to look at the job. Fill out POCO's application, sent it in....no problem. When I went to the building dept, I filled out the permit, and they said, ok, we will mail the permit....

A few days later, permit arrives. We complete the job and call for inspection. Inspector calls day of inspection and I quote." I canceled your inspection because you didnt send in the paper work for it." I asked what paper work, and he wants the following;

Fault current from poco
One line drawing
fuse cut in sheet

He told me this is on the permit, and I should know my job...NONE OF THIS IS ON THE PERMIT, THEY DIDNT ASK FOR IT WHEN I APPLIED FOR PERMIT>:mad:

This new service is a 120/240V 200 amp single phase service.

WHAT IN THE SAM HILL IS A LOG IN DATA SHEET??:-?
FUSES??? THIS 2009. WHO USES FUSES IN A 200 Amp SERVICE???
ONE LINE DRWG???? ARE YOU SERIOUS????

The guy acts like I am building a 4000 amp service in a 500000 square foot complex.....GOOD GRIEF!!!!:roll:

I am going to the building dept in the morning, to try to straighten this out...Anyone deal with these turkeys before???my first job in this county....(other than service/repair) and maybe my last:mad:

On the phone, the way the guy talked to me was VERY rude, and disrespectful....That makes for a problem with me....very quick...

ohm

:mad:Ok. Does anyone have any experiances with the Montgomery County Building Department????? I have....I dont like them....at all...
Customer calls for a service change on a little shop, welder tripping breakers. I go to look, and a 150 year old building, being used as a small welding/fab shop has a 120/240V 60AMP service....YES 60 Amp. It was a real cobbed together mess. I give a price, customer accepts, I go to county building dept to get elec permit, and had POCO out to look at the job. Fill out POCO's application, sent it in....no problem. When I went to the building dept, I filled out the permit, and they said, ok, we will mail the permit....

A few days later, permit arrives. We complete the job and call for inspection. Inspector calls day of inspection and I quote." I canceled your inspection because you didnt send in the paper work for it." I asked what paper work, and he wants the following;

Fault current from poco
One line drawing
fuse cut in sheet

He told me this is on the permit, and I should know my job...NONE OF THIS IS ON THE PERMIT, THEY DIDNT ASK FOR IT WHEN I APPLIED FOR PERMIT>:mad:

This new service is a 120/240V 200 amp single phase service.

WHAT IN THE SAM HILL IS A LOG IN DATA SHEET??:-?
FUSES??? THIS 2009. WHO USES FUSES IN A 200 Amp SERVICE???
ONE LINE DRWG???? ARE YOU SERIOUS????

The guy acts like I am building a 4000 amp service in a 500000 square foot complex.....GOOD GRIEF!!!!:roll:

I am going to the building dept in the morning, to try to straighten this out...Anyone deal with these turkeys before???my first job in this county....(other than service/repair) and maybe my last:mad:

On the phone, the way the guy talked to me was VERY rude, and disrespectful....That makes for a problem with me....very quick...

Farmer, you answered your own question...this is your first job in this county and by golly they will get you off on the right foot!

Happens all the time..be firm but stay cool.

growler

I have never been to Montgomery County, Ohio but I have found out the hard way that some small towns can give you more of a run around than in the city.

This may not be as complicated as it all sounds. I would call the engineer for that area that works for the power company. He/she may be able to help out with the fault current and data log sheet and the rest of that stuff. They will probably just send some information letting the inspector know that it doesn't apply in this particular case. No matter what the problem I'm sure the POCO engineer has handled it before.

JacksonburgFarmer

Well....I went to the County building department this morning....Inspector was to be in from 7:30 to 8 am. I walk in door at 7:45. No one was availiable to help me untill 8:07, I ask to see inspector....and was told they "go out" at 8 am...:mad: NOT COOL...I got the Data log in sheet and left....Someone higher up is gonna hear about all this once I have my FINAL....AAARRRGGGGHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.