Multiple motors and one contactor

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that were curious... I just got some more information.

The customer was in fact driving the request for redundancy. So we will quote for 2 of everything. I asked our hydraulics guy how he was going to couple 1 pump drive to 2 different motor shafts and he looked at me funny. He said he would have redundant everything; pump drive, pumps, multiports, etc.

The evolution of the sharing of information around here is fantastic...

Sales guy to hyd guy --> hyd guy to me --> me to internet forum --> questions back to hyd guy --> the rest of the pertinent details

I guess I didn't ask the right questions to be privy to all the information up front.

Thanks for the responses.

I like to repeat back to the customer what I believe they are requesting, using my own words. That gives them a chance to clarify just in case I misunderstood, and me a chance to get a verbal confirmation from them that I am working towards giving them the right product for their needs. I hate it when middlemen get involved, too much chance for confusion.

Shaneyj

Occupation
Project Engineer
I like to repeat back to the customer what I believe they are requesting, using my own words. That gives them a chance to clarify just in case I misunderstood, and me a chance to get a verbal confirmation from them that I am working towards giving them the right product for their needs. I hate it when middlemen get involved, too much chance for confusion.
Is that how it is out there? This company is my first engineering position and they keep me and the mechanical guys in a closet in the back. We get fed details as management sees fit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

paulengr

Is that how it is out there? This company is my first engineering position and they keep me and the mechanical guys in a closet in the back. We get fed details as management sees fit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The customer probably does not know what they want. And you are the expert so usually they don’t. Often you have to throw proposals at them to find out what their real desires are. It gets easier with experience.

Don’t expect sales and accounting to know either. They are good at human relations and finance but not engineering and design...that’s you. I can outsell any salesman because I can speak the language of the customer.

Status
Not open for further replies.