must be part of the show.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

landelectric

not an NEC topic, but a NFPA topic I guess...............

Why didn't somebody in that R.I. nightclub just grab a Damn fire exting. and hose down the fire ??
The guys on stage could have easily put that fire down in the first minute or so, but the band played on........booze is such a wonderful drug !

[ February 23, 2003, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: landelectric ]

landelectric

Re: must be part of the show.....

That fire spread with such speed !, it is a real eye opener for us electricians, just a little arcing 'n sparking and any of us could kill a whole lotta people................

iwire

Staff member

I have gone to that club to see a Guns n Roses cover band and anyone that has been there would tell you not a place to have pyro.

And I think it has been reported that no extinguishers were onstage, from the tape that is being shown I think the time frame that a extinguisher would have helped was very short by all accounts 30 secs into it the place was already beyond a fire extinguishers abilities
Bob

hurk27

When they had Great White at the silver bullit lounge here in Valparaiso,In even though the stage area is big they still had bouncers standing by with fire extinguishers in hand ready for anything. quite a few bands light off pyro's there with no problems. but as we seen in the video there was nobody in the band watching and didn't even know about it untill it was going pretty good I just feel bad for all those familiys that lost someone.

nosparks

Recently was the aniversary of the coconut grove fire that happened here in Boston 50 years ago. I have read that alot of the life safety and fire prevention codes were developed as a result of that tradgedy. With all the codes and technology today I am having a difficult time accepting this one. Sprinklers would have helped, but the more I hear and the more I think about it... this keeps coming up as negligence. Pure and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.