NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE 2023 - Section 200.6(A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Don, on your suggestion of doing research on this PI, I found this on Southwire Website. So, this could be a way to identify GFCI/AFCI with the white with Red stripe.
it could be, and it is a fairly common practice to identify grounded conductors with a phase color stripe, but not specifically permitted for that purpose. It is permitted by 200.6(D)(2) for grounded conductors of different systems,.

I still see no need for any additional identification, and if you would be successful in getting CMP 5 to accept this change, I will submit a public comment in opposition.

mtnelect

HVAC & Electrical Contractor
Occupation
Contractor, C10 & C20 - Semi Retired
Southwire is always looking for new products to sell. So, I filled out a suggestion form about my PI and will wait to hear back. What I am proposing are conductors specialized for GFCI/AFCI with continuous black, red, and blue stripes on grounded white wires. This will provide Electrical Contractors with a means to never have crossed neutrals again.
At this time Southwire only has a 4 conductor with a grounded neutral with red stripes.

Attachments

• NATIONAL ELECTRIC CODE 2023 - Section 200.4(C) Proposed Amendment.pdf
    128.2 KB · Views: 6
  • Romex Brand SIMpull Indoor Wire Copper NM-B Cable.pdf
    206.5 KB · Views: 2
  • You Idea Submision Has Been Received - ref__00Di0HA5V.pdf
    166.3 KB · Views: 1
Status
Not open for further replies.