National Electrical Estimator

Status
Not open for further replies.

acwservices

Is anyone familiar with the National Electrical Estimator, by Ed Tyler? It comes in a 549 page book, and also in CD format. Just wondering how accurate the labor units and material pricing is, and can the pricing be changed on the cd.

satcom

acwservices said:
Is anyone familiar with the National Electrical Estimator, by Ed Tyler? It comes in a 549 page book, and also in CD format. Just wondering how accurate the labor units and material pricing is, and can the pricing be changed on the cd.

You can make it custom for your area, and yes the prices and material description can be changed, we use the Home Depot CD which is the same Estimator only you can upload current prices and descriptions, and new items from the data base. great for the small contractor.

We have a few guys on here that use National Electrical Estimator, so stand by for more input.

Rewire

I use it for residential,I built a template for new houses once I have my counts I open the "new house " file and insert my numbers I have to adjust my wire costs as those fluctuate.When complete I can print a nice proposal.

acwservices

I read about the Home Depot CD in a previous thread on this site. I was looking at the discussions concerning the National Electrical Estimator, and just stumbled on the Home Depot CD. How do you get the HD CD? Which one is better for small commercial, mainly service work? I hope I'm not asking to many questions, with me being a relatively "new" poster. This is a great site, thanks for all of your input.

satcom

acwservices said:
I read about the Home Depot CD in a previous thread on this site. I was looking at the discussions concerning the National Electrical Estimator, and just stumbled on the Home Depot CD. How do you get the HD CD? Which one is better for small commercial, mainly service work? I hope I'm not asking to many questions, with me being a relatively "new" poster. This is a great site, thanks for all of your input.

Try the Craftsman customer service, or tech support, and ask if they can get you a copy of the HD CD.

They are both the same CD on HD has updating of material.

cadishead

Estimating

Estimating

It is a great program and the folks who sell it are so helpful, especially the owner who will speak with you directly. Where else can you find such a great split screen program at such low cost. Also the books are great for teaching new estimators even if the books are a few years old. Go for it.

cadishead

Status
Not open for further replies.