NEC 2008 Article 411 change

Status
Not open for further replies.
They added this Article 411.4 B Pools spas fountains and similar locations. Lighting systems shall be installed no less than 3m (10ft) horizontally from the nearest edge of the water unless permitted by article 680. Article 680 22 C permits lighting to be installed 5 ft horizontally from the nearest edge of the water. I have always used the 5ft rule with low voltage lighting and have not had any inpection problems. Does anyone have a suggestion on this conflict of the code. It's pool season and I don't need the greif. Jim

stickboy1375

james durkin said:
They added this Article 411.4 B Pools spas fountains and similar locations. Lighting systems shall be installed no less than 3m (10ft) horizontally from the nearest edge of the water unless permitted by article 680. Article 680 22 C permits lighting to be installed 5 ft horizontally from the nearest edge of the water. I have always used the 5ft rule with low voltage lighting and have not had any inpection problems. Does anyone have a suggestion on this conflict of the code. It's pool season and I don't need the greif. Jim

Its 10', anything less than 5' must be 12' above the maximum water level.

james durkin said:

I believe you are reading this incorrectly. You may want to go back and read it again.
As Stickboy has mentioned, there are restrictions to lighting be installed within 5 ft of the pool, and your installation may not conform with those restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.