NEC 225-8 signage

Status
Not open for further replies.

sattlerjm

All,

I have been a long time reader here and search has always done me well but, I cannot find anything for this problem.

I recently took over a pretty old facility, and while preparing for paint we found a barely legible sign near a disconnect switch:

NEC 225-8(some additional letter than cannot be read any longer)
This building is serviced by 2 separate electrical sources
1. This U.P.S System Feeder
2. Primary electrical service and sub panels feed from service disconnect ......

Here is the history: At one point there was a very large UPS system in the adjacent building which fed this disconnect, which then further fed our IT room.

The current: The UPS has been removed, but some of the circuits are still intact as regular power, including this circuit which still travels across the parking lot and feeds the IT room.

My question is what do I do with this sign? I would assume it should be replaced and updated since we still have this feeder operational; but I have no clue what the appropriate wording should be; or if that is really necessary.

Really any feed back here is very welcome.

Thanks

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I think the way the sign is written is the way to go or " Warning: This building is served by 2 power sources"

Status
Not open for further replies.