nec codes for breaker boxin a lundryroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

leigh140

hello
I am replaceing a old 100 amp breaker box with new 100 amp box.
A few things i am not sure about. In the lundryroom where box is, there also is a
wall mounted water heater right next to box about 16" away. and washer an dryer on the wall across from it breaker box is
reset into the wall.. so if i put new box in same please. well this be ok
with NEC codes?
i think it as supose to be 6' from water sorce !!
NEXT ??
If i have to more the breaker box.. how far do i have to move it ? And how
far can the lead line coming into the house go before it has to go into the
breaker box?
the most i could get away from any water is about 4'. the room is only 5'7" by 4'10" ..
please help
leigh

bphgravity

There is no requirement for panelboards to be located 6' from a water source. As long as the provisions of 110.26 are met and the local AHJ does not consider a laundry room an area with "easily ignitable materials, you should be okay.

haskindm

Are you a licensed electrician? There is nothing in the code that says a service disconnect must be located X feet from a water source. There is also nothing that gives a specific footage that the service entance conductors may run inside the building. The wording is that the disconnect must be "nearest the point of entrance". Spend some time studying article 230 and then maybe have a chat with the AHJ.

iwire

Staff member
Leigh as you are not an electrician we can not help you.

We can not answer do it yourself questions here.

I am locking this thread, you are welcome to send a PM to me if you feel I am mistaken.

Status
Not open for further replies.