NEC on CD

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

One thing I forgot to mention about the CD:

When you view a table (such as 400.4) it is far too 'tall' to fit on the screen. But as you scroll down, the headers reach the top and then stay there until you scroll past the bottom of the table.

This is very nice, so you don't have to scroll up and down, up and down, looking at a row in the table, then up to the top for the headers, then back down to another row, then back up to the header......

ibew441dc

Yup, that software in its trial version will permit you to extract the missing pages you need to complete the file I gave you, but it adds a watermark to the top of every page. The original bookmarks and hyperlinks are lost.

Then you can go back to acrobat pro and import the pages back into the file you already started adding bookmarks to.

Did you try it out?

I havn't downloaded anything yet because I'm not sure which one is right:confused:

Is it possible to do the original file I sent you all in one shot....or is there a mega byte limit. Also the one I originally sent is locked will that software still work?

Rick Christopherson

Did you try it out?

I havn't downloaded anything yet because I'm not sure which one is right:confused:
The last time I PM'd you I had tried half dozen programs and only a couple would even touch the file, but those were also the ones with the 1/2 file limitation.

This new one ignores the security and lets you export pages to separate files. The reason why I did it this way is because this version will not let you save the original file after you mark it up, but it will let you extract pages to new files. I tried it with the first 100 pages. You could try exporting from page 500?? to the end, and then use your Acrobat Pro to Insert those last pages back into the file you already started working with.

Once you are done with that, it will be a completely open file with no limitations that you can mark up normally.

Ya Know, now that I think about it, all of the programs I was trying were specifically geared toward removing the password, but this one is different because it is an editor. You could look for other editor options, because I had not searched for those, only decrypters.

P.S. 480sparky, the highlight and markup functions in Adobe Acrobat are far more productive than the Folio mark ups. The PDF file is way easier to read because it has better formatting. It is just too bad that they set the file permissions to prevent you from marking it up or it would be superior to the Folio view.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
The NEC CD is only set up to be installed on two computers via internet registration. I had to reformat one of my two it was installed on, a call to NFPA and they reset the registration, very simple and I then reinstalled it.

480sparky

The NEC CD is only set up to be installed on two computers via internet registration. I had to reformat one of my two it was installed on, a call to NFPA and they reset the registration, very simple and I then reinstalled it.

If you want to install it on a computer that does not have internet, it can be done. I just don't remember what the procedure would have been. Phone calls? Snail mail?

I mention this because for the first 4 years of owning a laptop, I never hooked it up to the net because I didn't have any protection for it (McAfee/Norton/Etc.).

Smart $

Esteemed Member
My '02 NECH doesn't seem to work with Vista...any workarounds/tips to make it happen?

If it's not a registration issue, try using the Program Compatibility Wizard to install it (unfamiliar with so I'm assuming it is a program... i.e. starts with an executable file). The easiest way I know to access the Wizard for a program that is yet to be installed is to search "program compatibility" in Windows Help and Support. If the programm is already installed, call up the Properties dialog for the executable file and click on the Compatibility tab...

Status
Not open for further replies.