NEC proposals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esthy

For the last 6 cycles I tried to submit 4 proposals, but I always missed the deadline, got lazy or forgot, so now that I am getting older I think it is time to do for the 2020, oh I love the number 2020.

I have been using those issues that I will propose from 1999 with excellent proved results.

What will be the easiest way to do that? To whom? Of course I want the credit, but if I send to the wrong person/organization I will be cheated. As you know from previous posts English is my second language.

Suggestions? Thanks!

jumper

pv_n00b

What will be the easiest way to do that? To whom? Of course I want the credit, but if I send to the wrong person/organization I will be cheated. As you know from previous posts English is my second language.

Not sure what you mean by “I want the credit", there is no compensation for having a code change accepted and your name does not go in the NEC. Unless someone digs through the ROP and ROC they will not know who proposed the change, and almost no one really cares.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Not sure what you mean by “I want the credit", there is no compensation for having a code change accepted and your name does not go in the NEC. Unless someone digs through the ROP and ROC they will not know who proposed the change, and almost no one really cares.
:thumbsup:
I suppose someone could carry around a copy of the accepted ROP and use it with their resume as "bragging rights".

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
In my classes I make the statement for every code cycle, there are more GFCI applications, some have no merit, like the drinking fountain GFCI requirement. But for the 2014 cycle I had a GFCI proposal accepted for wind turbine maintenance receptacles. And for the 2011 I had a proposal for an article on wind turbines that was accepted, well I just said there needs to be an article.
I would caution you, that while your proposal may sound good initially, once it comes out in print, "what was I thinking"...
I had one proposal for the 2008 for traffic signals to allow the green wire to be used for other than grounded, soundly rejected. But in the 2014 essentially the same proposal was accepted. The difference was a change on the CMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.