NECA Standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Has anyone heard if NECA is going to offer there new standards in one book for a reasonable cost? The way they are doing it now it would cost a small fortune to get them all! I have been seeing specifications lately that reference them. At $25.00 a piece I won?t be getting any very soon.

charlie k.

Re: NECA Standards

Nick, if you work for a contractor who is a member of NECA they will usually provide them for you. I do not know if they have compiled everything into one book but I will look into it.

Nick

Charlie,
I do work for a NECA contractor and I do believe they are compiling them as they come out. The problem is they are obviously kept in the shop. That doesn?t do me any good at all unless I inquire on a case by case basis. I think if NECA really wants these standards to take off, they are going to have to market them to the people that really need them in an affordable package. It?s kind of going the direction of UL standards. How much money would it cost for an individual to obtain a library of UL standards to reference? Probably more than I make in a month. The end result in a lot of cases is non compliance. Just an observation.

charlie k.

Nick, I could not agree more. Ask office for a field set. This is what I have done on my jobs. Keep them in a loose-leaf binder ready to use. As they have been coming out our office makes sure all jobs have them. I am sure they get them at a reduced cost just like the code books.

Status
Not open for further replies.