Need Help With EGC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I agree with Dennis and at this point you should ask your journeyman for guidance.

david

I know you are an apprentice and it is great that you are seeking help and trying to understand what you see. I just don't understand why on post 17 you are asking the same question again which has been answered many times thru this thread. I hope you have finally gotten an answer.

I will add one more anecdote..........The grounding electrode conductor does not ever need to go to any subpanel within the same building. You can have 10 subpanels and the grounding electrode conductor only needs to be installed at one location at the service.
Thats true, in post # 11 he mentioned a sub panel in a detached building. Thats why you said a sub-panel within the same building.

and it's true that the grounding electrode connections from the rods to the weather head and from the rods to the meter Neutral are fine and code compliant. but he also should see a grounding electrode conductor going to the water lines and mor recent codes the first five ft entering the building. If this dwelling has a well the water lines if they are metallic need bonded.

Status
Not open for further replies.