Need Help with New Solar install question

Status
Not open for further replies.

luisc202

New User
Hi,

I am new here and looking for a little guidance on my new Solar install. I am working with a licensed electrician friend of mine. The only problem is he is not familiar with Solar installs. My system is as follows. SolarEdge 7600 HD Inverter, SolarEDge P400 Optimizers, and 21 Panasonic 330W panels. My plan is to mount 10 Panels facing SE on upper roof of my 2 story house and 4 panels on the garage side facing SE. I plan to install the panels in stages so I will end up with 2 strings. I had to make a design diagram and a 1 line diagram to submit for a Homeowner permit. The PErmit office was mostly worried about the wind speed the system can sustain since I live in Florida. It looks like the permit is in the last stage of approval to be issued.

My panels will be arranged in this order.

1 string of 10 panels facing SE --------- to mount now.
4 panels attached to the 1 string of the 10 panels to make 14 panels facing SE.

2nd string of 10-14 panels to face SW.-------------- to mount 1st quarter next year.

My question is where I penetrate the roof to come inside the 2nd-floor attic to go down to the garage. Do I need to use metal conduit? If so can I use flexible conduit to house the 10Awg wires? Also, i will be prewiring for the 2nd string since it is easier to do now than later on. My friend the electrician told me to run 1" PVC through the attic and penetrating to the roof. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Lu

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
This is diy as you are doing the work with your friends advice. Sorry we cannot help

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.