Need help with with layout of four gang meter base with outdoor disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wired01

I am to begin a project I have not had to do before. I have changed services for quite some time but have never had to install a 4 gang meter base with 4 disconnects. This is going to be installed outside on the rear of an apartment building. Meter bank is bad and needs to be replaced per Dominion Power. The power feed will come in the center of the meter base. Thanks for the advice.

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
depending on the size (amperage) of your disconnects you can normally find one that will allow you to fit them side by side under your sockets.
If not one on each side and an offset to two below.
Lots of varibles which we don't know such as where the cables terminate now. You may end up with a wireway.
Were there disconnects there previously ?? If not you are leading into new service cables or a long talk with the AHJ.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Wired, welcome to the zoo! :smile:

This is a simple install. All you should need is to use four nipples between the 4-gang meter base Dominion gives us and four individual main breakers in enclosures.

Where in VA are you? If you'd like my phone number, I'd be happy to talk to you. Click on my name next to the lightning bolts and send me a Private Message.

Status
Not open for further replies.