Need Pool Pump VFD

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

HarryJames201

Occupation
Construction
For a 5 HP pool filter pump on 208V consider the Variable Frequency Drive (VFD) models from Schneider Electric or Yaskawa.Both offer reliable smart VFDs that can optimize flow and energy use.Look for models with 120V AC control inputs for easy integeration.

kwired

Electron manager
Thanks guys. The drive in question is a Yaskawa iQpump Micro Drive. TB1-1 terminal strip has S1 through S7, and an SC. Can those 7 terminals be connected to 7 relays and configured for start/start (S1 and SC), and S2-S7 to SC for various speeds?
Many cases such terminals I seen end up being something like: a common terminal, forward run, reverse run, fault reset, and three remaining terminals are for multispeed input.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
CES is (was) a supplier, recently taken over by a larger company called Aquafinity, but they don't make the VFDs. Their VFDs are Yaskawa and although CES packaged them for their equipment, the drives inside were no different from what Yaskawa sells direct. But that series is no longer supported anyway.

But that Jandy unit only turns the pump on and off, it doesn't have any capability of deciding what speed it should run at, so just having a VFD is not going to accomplish that on its own. That's likely what the CES packaged unit was going to do. So unless you want to engineer that part of this with a PLC or microcontroller of some sort, I suggest you contact Aquafinity and find out what the replacement for that CES unit is now. I'd post a link, but my company security platform is not allowing me to get to their site, so they may have been hacked or something.
Malwarebytes, Guardio and Microsoft Defender are not currently flagging anything about aquafinity.com on my Chrome Browser.