NETA testing (acceptance testing)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just been handed some specs and prints for a chiller change out and one of the requirements is the NETA testing procedures. Is there anyone on the board who is familiarwith the procedures. With a little research I have determined that I don't have all the required testing equipment so I might need to farm this portion out to another EC. We are based in NC just a hare north of Charlotte.

ron

Does it require you to merely follow the NETA procedures or be a full member of NETA? Does it require a third party or could you test you own work? All test equipment can be rented if you want, but it is the operation and reporting of the results is where you want an experienced testing company.

mdshunk

MagnoliaElec said:
I've just been handed some specs and prints for a chiller change out and one of the requirements is the NETA testing procedures.
That's usually your head's up that you're going to need to hire a 3rd party testing firm. There are people who specialize in this work. While you could certainly do this work yourself if you had the equipment, it's more traditional to farm it out. Mind you, the testing firm need not be a NETA member to test in accordance with NETA guidelines. For something like a chiller changeout, this isn't going to be expensive. I'd almost bet money that a testing firm could ballpark the testing cost over the phone to you.

It looks as though it does require 3rd party testing and the job requires that it be certified by an engineer. The NETA website has a list of local engineers that are certified, so I guess thats that. Thanks fellers

zog

MagnoliaElec said:
It looks as though it does require 3rd party testing and the job requires that it be certified by an engineer. The NETA website has a list of local engineers that are certified, so I guess thats that. Thanks fellers

I know most of the NETA companies in the USA and Canada and would be happy to make a recomendation to you is you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.