Neutral current on gas line

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankpa1

I'm working on reducing the elevated (above ambient) magnetic field readings in our home. I am working on correcting the neutral-to-neutral wiring errors (per Karl Riley's Tracing EMFs. We broke the neutral current on the water main by having a plumber replace 6" of the metal pipe with pvc. We want to do the same on the gas line, but are having trouble finding something that will accomplish that on a gas line. We tried a dielectric union, but it didn't break the net current: we're still getting elevated readings. Can anyone point me to something I can use to break the neutral current on my gas line?

I realize that this is an electrical forum and I'm asking a plumbing question, but since it is essentially a question about net current elimination -- which is discussed on this site, I was hoping someone might have some information to help me.

My wife suffers from the elevated magnetic field levels in our house, so any suggestions -- even incomplete, will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

Paul Frank

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals

* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report-40b.png
button at the bottom left corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.