new electrical room

anbm

Any ballpark numbers to build a new 40'x40' electrical room with 1 hr fire rated wall, just the room only. Thanks.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Free-standing or attached to an existing building? New foundation? What type of construction? How tall?

anbm

Free-standing or attached to an existing building? New foundation? What type of construction? How tall?
14 feet tall, attach to existing building, commercial - hospital, yes new foundation for the portion beyond existing building footprint. I guess my question should be answered by the architect??? lol

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
14 feet tall, attach to existing building, commercial - hospital, yes new foundation for the portion beyond existing building footprint. I guess my question should be answered by the architect??? lol
Yes, definitely. We would have to price hundreds of different materials, equipment rentals, sub-contractors, permits, etc. Pricing work like that alone would be a full-time job.

My mom used to watch Mecum car auction show, then call me and ask if I knew how much "a" Corvette or "a" Mustang or "a" Mercedes costs.
shrug1.gif
I had no idea what she saw.

nunoslg

no way, sir... I was thinking 100K or less, assuming $200-$300 per sq.ft, this is cost for the room construction only, nothing else.
Good answer. Not sure why people want to make it so hard. You should be close if that were all new construction. Assuming the building is there and you are just installing metal studs roof and wall covering $100.00 per sq ft

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
I think I would want to get the specs and hand them over to a contractor who does this kind of work and get a bid.

I would also assume my initial wag of a 40x40 building is going to be too small. :)