New Estimator

apaster

Occupation
Electrical Engineer II
I have a question. It's about feeders. I am confused about how to know when I need to include on my pricing. If there is a one line diagram with the feeder schedule, or a feeder schedule, do I include them? If they are existing, do I include it, or is it just on the plans for another reason? Please advise.
Exclude existing feeders. Unless noted otherwise, they are just there for reference-- to give a complete picture of the distribution.

I've only ever estimated by hand, no software. That being said, does McCormick calculate feeder lengths for you? Assuming not, I'd recommend specifically measuring the length from start to finish of each new feeder that you see on the riser.

Lastly, many design engineers nowadays provide a boilerplate feeder schedule that has an excess of information. Make sure to only include the conduit and conductors that you need based on the one-line connections you find. Hope this helps.

apaster

Occupation
Electrical Engineer II
I can calculate feeder lengths in McCormicks, yes.
For the record, and not to insult your intelligence, when I said measure the length of each feeder, I meant based on plan views of course and not based on line length that you find one the one-line diagram. I figure you know this.. but just in case!