New furnace wiring method

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivsenroute

Were you there to inspect the boiler, or were you there inspecting another item?
Was there an electrical permit on this inspection?

I was there to inspect everything as a private inspector, not as a code enforcement official. In addition it is not in the area where I work as a code inspector.

The report that I give to my client is a private report and I cannot share any of the information with other parties so I can't call up the code official who I know pretty well and tell him either. It is not my place. It is in a larger city that definitely would have required a permit for this type of work.

mdshunk

I was there to inspect everything as a private inspector, not as a code enforcement official. In addition it is not in the area where I work as a code inspector.
You're a man of many hats. Electrician, code inspector, home inspector. That's a busy life. Probably interesting, though.

ivsenroute

You're a man of many hats. Electrician, code inspector, home inspector. That's a busy life. Probably interesting, though.

Yeah, too many. I am an inspector first and foremost, both private and code. Since I don't work full time for the municipalities that I work in, I cannot earn a living at it. The private inspection part of this has been the driving force for the past 8 years and my main source of income.

I started doing electrical work again last year because of the downturn in the real estate market. The electrical work is an income filler for what I am losing in the current market conditions.

My truck is a mess as a result.

mdshunk

Yeah, too many. I am an inspector first and foremost, both private and code. Since I don't work full time for the municipalities that I work in, I cannot earn a living at it. The private inspection part of this has been the driving force for the past 8 years and my main source of income.

I started doing electrical work again last year because of the downturn in the real estate market. The electrical work is an income filler for what I am losing in the current market conditions.

My truck is a mess as a result.
Bravo to you. I applaud your initiative. You're the kind of man I like. You're on plan C to make your living, and I'd hazard a guess that you have plans D, E, and F in the works, just in case.

morganjoseph

Wow! How did you know it was a boiler from the pix? I see a blower and what looks like electric elements... to me looks like forced air... is there a water coil in the cabinet?

Status
Not open for further replies.