New meter pan/ disconnect 200 amp

jim123

I have a job with an old 100 amp service. Bi level house about 4’ block wall then aluminum side. Aluminum siding was trim out around the old pan. The pvc panels they sell seem to be all for vinyl siding. I need a piece about 30x30” to cover the old aluminum hole from old pan. I need to move the pan over about 6 to 8” to make room for my separate disconnect. Was wondering if I cut my own and mount it over the siding if it would look nice and caulk around it . Has anybody done this and r u happy the way it looks. Thanks

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Just buy an Arlington meter base or two, cut the siding as needed and install them first. They work in both new and retrofit installations.

Fred B

Occupation
Electrician
With AL siding you could buy or make some Z flashing to wrap new opening prior to inserting a ply panel to support the new meter and enclosure. If stock Z is not the color to match trim then you could ask a siding guy to custom bend some stock for the new opening unless you have your own brake. Can come out with very nice clean look, have even wrapped the ply backer for an even cleaner look.
Adding the additional ply backer board brings the panel out to give clearance for meter overhead entries without having to bend an offset.