New OSHA regs

Status
Not open for further replies.

megloff11x

I saw this blurb today

Eye on Safety
OSHA Final Rule Updates Electrical Standard
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is revising the general industry electrical installation standard found in Subpart S of 29 CFR Part 1910. The Agency has determined that electrical hazards in the workplace pose a significant risk of injury or death to employees. The requirements in the revised standard, which draw heavily from the 2000 edition of the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) Electrical Safety Requirements for Employee Workplaces (NFPA 70E) and the 2002 edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC), are reasonably necessary to provide protection from these hazards.

This final rule focuses on safety in the design and installation of electric equipment in the workplace. This revision will provide the first update of the installation requirements in the general industry electrical installation standard since 1981. OSHA is also replacing the reference to the 1971 NEC in the mandatory appendix to the general industry powered platform standard found in Subpart F of 29 CFR Part 1910 with a reference to OSHA's electrical installation standard. This final rule becomes effective on Aug. 13, 2007.

To read the complete text of OSHA's final rule, visit the Feb. 14 issue of the Federal Register.

joe tedesco

Eye on Safety
OSHA Final Rule Updates Electrical Standard
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is revising the general industry electrical installation standard found in Subpart S of 29 CFR Part 1910. The Agency has determined that electrical hazards in the workplace pose a significant risk of injury or death to employees. The requirements in the revised standard, which draw heavily from the 2000 edition of the National Fire Protection Association's (NFPA) Electrical Safety Requirements for Employee Workplaces (NFPA 70E) and the 2002 edition of the National Electrical Code (NEC), are reasonably necessary to provide protection from these hazards.

This final rule focuses on safety in the design and installation of electric equipment in the workplace. This revision will provide the first update of the installation requirements in the general industry electrical installation standard since 1981. OSHA is also replacing the reference to the 1971 NEC in the mandatory appendix to the general industry powered platform standard found in Subpart F of 29 CFR Part 1910 with a reference to OSHA's electrical installation standard. This final rule becomes effective on Aug. 13, 2007.

To read the complete text of OSHA's final rule, visit the Feb. 14 issue of the Federal Register.

http://a257.g.akamaitech.net/7/257/2422/01jan20071800/edocket.access.gpo.gov/2007/pdf/e7-1360.pdf

allenwayne

Does anyone here actually have that much free time to read each and every word ??????? Kind of reads like a bush speech on IRAQ.I would read it if I had the time but I won tickets to the daytona 500 on the radio this morning and I`ll spend today and Saturday getting ready to go.:)Gotta give props for that #20 Home Depot car.:)

megloff11x

allenwayne said:
Does anyone here actually have that much free time to read each and every word ??????? Kind of reads like a bush speech on IRAQ.I would read it if I had the time but I won tickets to the daytona 500 on the radio this morning and I`ll spend today and Saturday getting ready to go.:)Gotta give props for that #20 Home Depot car.:)

OSHA regs and such are designed to be unreadable. "The great object is to have laws that cannot be objectively intrepretted or enforced, and then you cash in on guilt," or words to that effect by Ayn Rand.

This is just an FYI that the rules have changed again.

Matt

Edit; removed political commentary

Last edited by a moderator:
In your best interest!

In your best interest!

Kinda tough to fight unarmed...... No?

Trouble sleeping? A good read. You never know what you may remember or need. I'ld rather have and not need....

Status
Not open for further replies.