New Proposal - NEC Table 300.19(A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich Elec.

Eric,
You can write up a proposal with "Word." A typed signature proposal or unsigned proposal will be returned to you (I am speaking from experience!).

Type up the proposal
Print it
Sign it with a pen
Scan it
Change it to a PDF file
E-mail it

or

Something called an electronic signature, I looked into it, it would cost money to accomplish.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
Eric,
You can write up a proposal with "Word." A typed signature proposal or unsigned proposal will be returned to you (I am speaking from experience!).

Type up the proposal
Print it
Sign it with a pen
Scan it
Change it to a PDF file
E-mail it

or

Something called an electronic signature, I looked into it, it would cost money to accomplish.
When it gets closer to the time, I expect that the NFPA will have an online submittal process. They have had that for the past few code cycles and there was no cost involved.

iwire

Staff member
Take an hour or two and start reading the ROP. It's an eye-opener. Proposals aren't accepted just because 'it sounds like a good idea.'

I would disagee. The 2008 proposal for drinking fountain GFCI protection had no documentation of shocks or electrocutions.

I agree with Ken.

Yes Tom is right some proposals do get accepted with little to no documentation but the majority get turned down.

I think reading some ROPs is great idea before you submit one.

Many get turned down just because they are not presented correctly.

tallgirl

Occupation
Controls Systems firmware engineer
I would disagee. The 2008 proposal for drinking fountain GFCI protection had no documentation of shocks or electrocutions.

Then where do I send mine?

Just because someone doesn't write a formal report doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

As regards the conversation about the numbers, tensile strength versus SWAG, etc --bone up on catenary curves and the properties of aluminum wire versus copper wire.

In particular, small increases in downward force on the wire create large increases in tension at the end points. Aluminum, unlike copper, has a yield strength and ultimate strength that aren't too far apart.

gndrod

Conductor Vertical Support

Conductor Vertical Support

Interesting question. Known Pull Stress values Al...0.008 Cu...0.006 lbs./cmil

So how does the NEC address Deep well submersible cable hanging down unsupported over 400 FT. though conduit? (compression inserts, twisted conductor values?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.