nfpa 72 in MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

electricalperson said:
is the 2007 nfpa 72 fire alarm code being enforced in MA? i dont know how to find this out and i dont have any inspectors numbers.

I don't know what version of 72 that Massachusetts is enforcing, however, I do know that every city/town in MA has different local rules and quirky things that the fire marshal "likes to see."

Your only safe bet is to call the F.M. or F.D. in the town you are working in and find out directly.

electricalperson

i would also like to learn where i can buy the parts needed to install. around here we have to install an antenna on the building to communicate with the fire department. will the fire department have this information too?

peter d

electricalperson said:
i would also like to learn where i can buy the parts needed to install. around here we have to install an antenna on the building to communicate with the fire department. will the fire department have this information too?

Yes, they tell you what kind of radio box or telegraph box you will need to install. I'm not sure where you buy them, as I've only installed them, but the radio boxes cost around $5000.

electricalperson

is there also rules about what kind of fire alarm control panel they want you to install? im looking at notifier by honeywell and i like the way they look. normally i install fire-lite. im not sure what the major differences are i didnt research that yet. i also install a lot of simplex systems but usually simplex tells us everything we need to know about it

Status
Not open for further replies.