NFPA 72 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually don't get involved in NFPA 72 issues since fire systems are not my forte. But I have been asked by my manager to see if I can find in the latest NFPA 72 code book the section where it would state the minimum square footage of a building that a fire alarm system would need to be installed. Any help to locate this in that code book would be greatly appreciated.

ron

It is not in 72.

It is in the Building code adopted by the jurisdiction you are working in. You need to know the occupancy type of the building. Section 907

FWIW, CO detection is in 908

Were are an industrial site

Were are an industrial site

Thanks for the reply Ron, I was told by a colleague that I should look in the NFPA 101. The building that is in question is just a small office trailer approx. 30x60 that sits in the back of our manufacturing facility.

ron

Thanks for the reply Ron, I was told by a colleague that I should look in the NFPA 101. The building that is in question is just a small office trailer approx. 30x60 that sits in the back of our manufacturing facility.

101 is only a code if it is adopted by the local AHJ or referenced by the adopted building code.

Building code is the place to start

Status
Not open for further replies.