nm connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

southernboys

hey guys inspector told me I could only have 3 12/2 wires in a 1-1/4 nm conector. when I asked him what code he was citing he said it had to be with bundaling? my questions are where does it say anything about bundaling romex wires and also how many wires do you guys typically put in a 3/8, 3/4, 1" and a 1-1/4 connectors these wires were going into the subpanel

iwire

Staff member
Re: nm connectors

Originally posted by southernboys:
how many wires do you guys typically put in a 3/8, 3/4, 1" and a 1-1/4 connectors these wires were going into the subpanel
You can only put in as many wires as the connector is listed for.

The code section is 110.3(B)

They may exist but I have never seen an NM connector listed for more than 2 NMs.

An 1-1/4" NM connector is typically listed for only one cable.

southernboys

pierre thanks for your answear as soon as he told me that I couldnt have more then two wires this is what came to mind however I thought about the nipple factor now i see the error of my way read the whole code

southernboys

pierre just wondering if I have 10 homeruns coming into a panel freeaired through a 2" hole do they have to be derated if theres a 30" gap from the hole to the top of the panel? trying to understand this code better thanks

allenwayne

We went through this about a year ago,Arlington connectors were the subject at the time.I will try to find the specs tomorrow,but if I remember correctly 1 in was the max that multiple NM cables are allowed to be listed under as terminations.It`s late and I am tired good night Gracy,good night George :D Who here remembers that ;)

southernboys

hey allen if u have time and find these specs id really appreciate it but dude you cant let the switched smallappliance circuit keep you up till 1:30 in the morn thanks 2 every1 elses post unlike our (friend) chong I always find great insight into the tade at this site

allenwayne

Insomnia brother insomnia ;) I will look for them tomorrow and contact you.I`ll scan and email from message section

pierre

Allen
We used to have one of those small screen TVs in the corner of the living room - our neighbors would come over and watch as we were the first family in the neighborhood to have a TV. 5 channels with the TV set off at midnight...either snow on the screen or that WPIX symbol. Channels 2,4,5,7, and 9.
Do you remember Sky King? The show with the plane.
How about Rin Tin Tin? :D

Sunday nights with Ed Sullivan, Disney and Bonanza. The whole family in front of one TV - you will not see that anymore!!!

electricmanscott

The whole family in front of one TV - you will not see that anymore!!!
My kids are young so this happens all the time. The two biggies, This Old House and Americas Funniest Home Videos. Nothing funnier than a trampoline trick gone bad. :D

dillon3c

Originally posted by pierre:

Do you remember Sky King? The show with the plane.
How about Rin Tin Tin? :D

Sunday nights with Ed Sullivan, Disney and Bonanza. [/QB]
------>Darn pierre,you've been around for a while,and handsome fella too,so I hear in form. :D

allenwayne

Pierre yes I remember rin tin tin and The lone Ranger and Ozzie and Harriet too .We watched Wrestling on UHF 44.Rotary dials and having to let the set warm up too :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.