Non UL liquid Tight

Status
Not open for further replies.

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
When you order seatight from the supply house around here, you will get the non-listed type unless you specify listed.
Don

rbalex

Staff member
Occupation
Professional Electrical Engineer
don_resqcapt19 said:
When you order seatight from the supply house around here, you will get the non-listed type unless you specify listed.
Don
That's interesting since virtually every Chapter 3 raceway is now required to be listed. (Section 3xx.6 of the respective Articles)

Edit add: "Of course "listed" does not necessarily mean UL.

henry1223

I was under the assumption that we could not install any type of raceway that was not UL listed never in my life have I had to request from an electrical supply house that the liquid tight be UL listed I am not even sure why they woul carry Non Ul listed mat. But thank you for the responses.

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
Wholesale houses sell non listed as its less expensive and they don't know any better.
I very seldom use LT Flex. I use non metallic, installs easier, always end up with an EGC. The T&B black NM LT fittings and black NMLT are the way to go. Its easier to install than Carflex.

raider1

Staff member
The supply houses in my area are the same. They have 1 box of listed sealtight back in the corner with about an inch of dust on it. When I ask for the listed flex, they always ask me why I want to spend all that extra money. :rolleyes:

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.