north facing array

Status
Not open for further replies.
So part of my job at the company I currently work for is to do shade analysis and design the layout of arrays to maximize production for the customer. In other words, part of my job is conducting site surveys. Recently, on my way home from work I noticed an array that one of my nieghbors had installed that was facing at about a 345-355 degree azimuth. I could tell from looking that the roof pitch was about a 5/12. They had 31 panels and since i could not spot an inverter im assuming there were either micros or power optimizers of some sort utilized. From what I have experienced at this point in the solar field, as much as solar has come down in the last few year, it is still not practical to put panels flush with a rooftop facing between 290-85 degrees. The return on investment is just not there yet. Please share your opinions. Also, what would you do if this was your neighbor. I come across a lot of ppl who do not understand solar and it seems like many companies are taking advantage of this. As a NABCEP Certified instillation profesional and an individual passionate about his carreer, this makes me very upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.