Nothing to do with electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Just wanted to brag on my kid (13).

He won the local pitch hit and run competition, winning the pitching and overall champion, that qualified him to competed in the sectional portion.

He was the overall champion at the sectional winning the pitching, running and coming in second in the hitting which then, if his score was high enough, qualified him for the team event.

Got the letter last week that he made the team event, so he will be competing at Dodger Stadium on Sunday after the game. If he wins there, there's a chance that he can go to the All-Star game in New York and compete for the national championship.:grin:

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
The major leagues is next. I can see it now-- "Little John up to bat-- Here's the first pitch ----it's going going gone.....

Congrats

cowboyjwc

Staff member
rcarroll said:
That is so cool. Good luck to you & your son. I hope he earns enough money so that you can retire at a young age.

That's what I'm kind of hoping.:grin: And if what I hear about him from other coaches is any indication, he really is that good.

chris kennedy said:
Take pics John.

I will.

Last edited:

boboelectric

cowboyjwc said:

He won the local pitch hit and run competition, winning the pitching and overall champion, that qualified him to competed in the sectional portion.

He was the overall champion at the sectional winning the pitching, running and coming in second in the hitting which then, if his score was high enough, qualified him for the team event.

Got the letter last week that he made the team event, so he will be competing at Dodger Stadium on Sunday after the game. If he wins there, there's a chance that he can go to the All-Star game in New York and compete for the national championship.:grin:
Scholarships here I come!

JohnJ0906

cowboyjwc said:

Good stuff!

pics2.gif

360Youth

I would tell you to savor the moments, but it sounds like you already do. :smile: Very cool. I hope he has a lot of fun and great memories.

ceb58

This thread has nothing to do with electrical.

And their he is coming in to home, wait, whats he doing, checking code violations at the light poles, now he's headed for the concession stand hope there is a GFCI at the sink.... this boy knows how to spot em.
Now it electrical Marc

iwire

Staff member
I just got back from taking my 7 & 9 year old girls from the go cart track.

First time either of them has really driven, it was great to watch, from excitement in line, to fear and apprehension while being belted in, to intense concentration for the first few laps and that being pushed aside by the natural sense of competition between siblings. :cool: :cool:

Then we all went on the bumper boats and had some real fun. :smile:

I did pay at a cash register and it was electrical. :grin:

brian john

Do not ever hesitate to brag about you kids, most of what all of us do is for our families. You should be proud.

As for driving I made mine wait till they were 18, they got the learners at 16 and drove with me for two years, why rush the inevitable?

iwire

Staff member
brian john said:
As for driving I made mine wait till they were 18, they got the learners at 16 and drove with me for two years, why rush the inevitable?

'Cause I like them to have fun. :cool: I have been driving tractors since I was about 6 and was driving real vehicles by 13.

But it was a view into the future .... and some of it is worrisome. :grin:

I have no doubt that when the girls start driving for real I will have GPS tracking on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.