Nothing to do with electrical

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian john

Bob:

All my kids have been on my tractor starting at about 6 and driving the drive way since about the same time. Still delayed the actual license.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Thanks guys.

Well he didn't do as well as he had hoped, but we're still pretty proud. He came in third out of four and the two ahead of him were about a head taller and outweighed him by about 20 pounds, but he gave it his best.

There were 60,000 original participants in the contest and 480 made it to this level, 120 in his age group. I think if you are in the top 100 of 60,000 you did pretty well.

I told him yesterday that he has accomplished more in sports at the age of 13, than I have up until now. He's won 3 of the 4 homerun derbys he's been in, he's made the All-Star team all eight years that he's been eligible, he won the team MVP at last years All-Star tournament (a three run home run, numerous plays at short and 5 shutout innings pitching striking out 10 and taking two come backers).

We changed leagues this year after 8 years in our last league. Though some of the player knew him none of the coaches had ever seen him and I told him that he would have to prove himself. Halfway through the season everyone knew who he was and he was making a name for himself.

What really makes me proud is how dedicated he is, not only does he play for me, he's playing on a tournament team, when he has practice for them he asks me to take him down early and hit him about a 1/2 hour of infield and a 1/2 hour of outfield when no one else is around. He made the "A" All-Star team and I am managing the "B" team and he practices with both teams. When parents complain that he get's more playing time than their kid, I always tell them that when their kid puts in the time Sam does (and he does this on his own, no pressure from me) then they'll get the same consideration.

If any of you guys want to brag on you kids just send me a PM.:grin:

cowboyjwc

Staff member
Dennis Alwon said:

ry%3D300

Very cool Dennis, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.