ny state fire alarm markings

Status
Not open for further replies.

nav

Can anyone tell me what reference and paragraph to find the statement that fire alarm cable has to be labeled with ny besides ul rated etc... for the state of new york. (not NYC).

Strathead

Occupation
Electrician/Estimator/Project Manager/Superintendent
Can anyone tell me what reference and paragraph to find the statement that fire alarm cable has to be labeled with ny besides ul rated etc... for the state of new york. (not NYC).

Not in New York, but a quick guess would be in the Life Safety section of the New York Building code

dhalleron

I only know a little about New York City not the state. Google "new york local law 5 fire alarm cable" for info on NYC. Maybe something like it for the state. One of this links for Honeywellcable.com mentions NYC and New York State.

ron

I only know a little about New York City not the state. Google "new york local law 5 fire alarm cable" for info on NYC. Maybe something like it for the state. One of this links for Honeywellcable.com mentions NYC and New York State.

Dale,

I think that LL is from 1973, which has been long superceded.

nav

more info

more info

I know about local law 5 for the city of new york..... i researched more info, it looks like cable has to meet new york state combustion toxicity regulations, but when i inquire about it i cannot get a regulation number or state code, still waiting for a reply from dept of state fire prevention division....

ny state FA markings - NOT

ny state FA markings - NOT

Agreeing with the other posters: NY State does not require further marking. NYC does as you know based on the question.
I manufacture cable in NY State -- and no special labeling or cable print has ever come up for NY State.

Status
Not open for further replies.