Occupancy Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fnewman

Occupation
Sr. Electrical Engineering Manager at Larson Engineering
Can anyone recommend a good occupancy sensor for controlling lighting in a warehouse?

Fnewman

Occupation
Probably row by row control. Have looked at the Lutron and think their devices would likely work out ok, but just wondering if anyone has found anything better for industrial use.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
Probably row by row control. Have looked at the Lutron and think their devices would likely work out ok, but just wondering if anyone has found anything better for industrial use.
If the row is long enough, you may not be able to get by with a single sensor per row.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~

depends on the scope of what you are doing. just adding occ sensors,
if the fixtures are older stuff not suitable for frequent cycling, isn't
going to turn out well. if you are using something like T5HO high bays,
putting individual sensors on each light works well.

if your hog has gone wild, and you have skylights, you can do daylight
harvesting on 0-10 volt fixtures, and combine it with a lighting control
system such as nLight, for virtually limitless capabilities, and cost.

you can do partial on, timer controlled, access controlled, or factor
in the phases of the moon, and astrological data as to what to do
if neptune is in uranus.

how wild is your hog?

Fnewman

Occupation
After discussing with Lurton technical support a couple of times, I decided to go with their wired high bay sensors (two per aisle) and their DV power packs (PP-DV) installed in a custom designed panel to be wall mounted. If I don't forget I'll let you know how it worked in about 6 months

macmikeman

I've recently placed an order at Graybar for 8 Enerlites ceiling mount occ sensors and 8 wall switch occ sensors. Never have tried em before , but I like the idea that they will take 277 v directly or 120 volts, and no need for outside relay packs for a low voltage switching system. This makes me work less if it delivers as promised. I will let the forum know when I get around to installing and commissioning the system on the commercial project I am contracting.

Status
Not open for further replies.