# of rec's load side of gfci?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mark32

Celtic, I see that Suzzane is an instructor and googling her name actually brought me back to some posts here, some from you. I am unsure if you are pro Suzzane or not. Is she an exceptional instructor or just over glorified?

Aside from that, in keeping with this thread's topic, I spoke yesterday with another contractor that I often see in HD. I brought up the guy whom I based this thread on.

Me: Hey you do a lot of work in the area, is there an inspector around here that requires you to limit the receptacles on the load side of your gfci's to two? A guy was in the other day and he was going to wind up with four gfci's in the kitchen, isn't that crazy?

EC: Oh you know what, I make them all gfci's.

Me: What?

EC: Yeah, the inspector told me that all the receptacles need to be gfci'd.

Me: What he means is that yes, they all need to be protected by gfci's, not that everyone needs to be a gfci.

EC: Ah I don't care, so I make every counter top receptacle a gfci, that way I eliminate any headaches from the inspector.

Me: You're crazy amigo.

480sparky

...and what planet of the remaining 8 are those municipalities located in?..........
icon14.gif

Seven, not eight.

celtic

Celtic, I see that Suzzane is an instructor and googling her name actually brought me back to some posts here, some from you. I am unsure if you are pro Suzzane or not. Is she an exceptional instructor or just over glorified?
I have never meet her....I have read many of her opinions [aka rulings] on what the NEC is actually saying ~ sometimes our opinion is the same, sometimes mine changes :)

Give the [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Construction Code Communicator [/FONT] a read...there are about 25 of them available on the web as of now....very informative in all aspects of construction, not just electrical,

I do know her classes are booked the moment the mailers go out.

Aside from that, in keeping with this thread's topic, I spoke yesterday with another contractor that I often see in HD. I brought up the guy whom I based this thread on.

Me: Hey you do a lot of work in the area, is there an inspector around here that requires you to limit the receptacles on the load side of your gfci's to two? A guy was in the other day and he was going to wind up with four gfci's in the kitchen, isn't that crazy?

EC: Oh you know what, I make them all gfci's.

Me: What?

EC: Yeah, the inspector told me that all the receptacles need to be gfci'd.

Me: What he means is that yes, they all need to be protected by gfci's, not that everyone needs to be a gfci.

EC: Ah I don't care, so I make every counter top receptacle a gfci, that way I eliminate any headaches from the inspector.

Me: You're crazy amigo.

The EI is obviously clueless.

NEC2007NJEI.jpg

WHAT IF.....
I chose to use a GFCI CB and not a recept......
How many CBs would I need?
1 for each device?:roll:

Ask that EC next time you see him around to answer that question.

Status
Not open for further replies.