Off Delay Timers in Series

Learn the NEC with Mike Holt now!

er1990

Occupation
Automation Engineer
A customer of mine wants to start a sequence utilizing two timers in series once the "Wireless Controller" contact is closed. I did the logic in PLC but then the customer changed his mind when he found out how much it was going to cost for a PLC brick. So he asked if I can do a hardwire system. The sequence of operations is as follows: wireless controller contact is closed which then starts the off-delay timer #1 to energize a ball valve for 30 seconds. Once the 30 seconds is over, off-delay timer #2 needs to then start its timer for 5 seconds to energize the flush valve. The customer now wants the ability to adjust the timers mechanically. Hence why he suggested the timer in the attached pictures. I am stuck on how to make this happen with the hardwire system that is being requested. Any advice is appreciated. Below is the links to the timers, schematic, and PLC logic.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Will the programmable timer have the ability for the timer to be adjusted mechanically? That's one of the requests of my customer.
The ones I used, from Schneider Electric, were like programmable thermostats.

Don't forget how much labor you are expending just to save material costs.

kwired

Electron manager
A basic CLICK is less than $100.
Yes, probably less cost than two of the timers he posted a schematic for. Even ones sold by same place that sells the CLICK. Plus you get a few more I/O's to use for other things if that works out for you and somewhat unlimited amount of timers or other functions are available to program into it.