oh my!

Status
Not open for further replies.

physis

Re: oh my!

It wont hurt anything.

Ingenius? :D If they say so. :D :D

Americans are such well trained consumers I'm sure these guys'll do very well. ;)

I think it's a law that advertising has to contain a lot of lies so I think everything is just fine with it.

sandsnow

Originally posted by physis:
It wont hurt anything.

Ingenius? :D If they say so. :D :D

Americans are such well trained consumers I'm sure these guys'll do very well. ;)

I think it's a law that advertising has to contain a lot of lies so I think everything is just fine with it.
We've been installing the wrong OCPD's all these years. The standard houshold size is 25amp :p

physis

I wonder if they're selling super fast acting fuses. I want the replacement concession. :D

Edit: People will see how unsafe they used to be without it from how often the fuses blow. Every blown fuse represents an averted hazard. :D

[ July 20, 2005, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: physis ]

romeo

Someone must have contacted them by now telling them how much they are lying.

romeo

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer

I am sure that we have all seen new inventions come on the market and said to ourselves, "I wish I had thought of that first. I could have made a bundle." :(

I'm not going to put this device on my "Wish I had thought of it first" list. :D

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician

I understand that the plugs used in the UK have fuses to protect the appliance and the cords.
Don

highkvoltage

Who is willing to be a hero of thousands of lifes and bring this to the NEC 2008 committee for adoption? I would but I think I am pretty tried up until 2009.

davedottcom

Originally posted by don_resqcapt19:
I understand that the plugs used in the UK have fuses to protect the appliance and the cords.
Don
yea, well... so do my Christmas lights, and they were made in China. I have no idea what my point is!
:D
Dave

milwaukeesteve

quote from ad on website
they don't trigger the standard 25-amp household fuses or circuit breakers
Standard? 25Amp?

If that was the standard, then yes this little device would be nice. It would protect items such as those listed since 25A would definitely not protect most General Purpose loads.
That is why we use 15Amps for General Purpose in residential, not 20Amp; to protect smaller GP loads typically found in a home.

B

bthielen

These appliances use such low amps that when they short out they don't trigger the standard 25-amp household fuses or circuit breakers
Since when does the normal load of an appliance have anything to do with ground fault current?

This is the primary cause of 80% of home fires.
It has been my understanding that many household fires are in fact caused by televisions but not because of short-circuit but because of excessive heat caused by dust and lint that has collected inside.

Bob

physis

My Super-Fast Acting, patent pending, sure guard replacement fuses are guaranteed to not catch on fire.

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation

What is more distressing, the notion that advertisers think the American people, as a whole, are naive enough to fall for the type of sales pitch used for this worthless product, or the fact that they are right?

69boss302

Originally posted by charlie b:
What is more distressing, the notion that advertisers think the American people, as a whole, are naive enough to fall for the type of sales pitch used for this worthless product, or the fact that they are right?
Charlie, what's even more distressing is you don't need to ask the question. They are right :( . It's just like the management people that make it up the ladder because of a Master's Degree in Business and they will buy into some TVSS or some silly product that a salesman will tell them will save them money. Next thing you know they write up some big paper on how good they are, and they move onward and upward, and we are stuck trying to explain why what they had spent ton's of money on isn't saving the company any money :confused: . And that all makes as much sense as it's supposed to.

jwelectric

Does anyone see where the grounding prong goes? Can anyone see if this device has a grounding prong?

As my TV and Computer have a three wire cord how would I use this life saving device?

Are they cheaper by the dozen?
:D

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation

Originally posted by jwelectric:Can anyone see if this device has a grounding prong?
Good point. It does not have a grounding prong. You can just barely see, at the bottom of the device, a small part of the unused hole into which a grounding prong would be inserted.

davedottcom

Who needs a ground when you have such an "Ingenious" High-Tech fire protection device like that?

As soon as I finish changing all my single pole breakers to the "Standard 25 amps" I'm going to order one, no, make that one for Every Outlet in my house.
Then and Only then will I feel safe!
For now I'm just going to unplug everything!
:roll:

I bet they even stooped so low as to fuse the Neutral side! :eek:
Hmmm, I wonder if it's polorized?

Dave

charlie b

Staff member
Occupation

The advertisement says that it takes one fuse, and that they give you one free spare. I think they probably fused ONLY the neutral. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.