Ohio, PSI Exam, When are they changing to 2017?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinexis

Good Afternoon,

Currently the Ohio Electrical Contractors License Exam is over the 2014 NEC. This test is administered by PSI, I'm not sure if it is the same test for other states. Would anyone have an idea when they might change the test to be over the 2017 NEC? I am planning on testing hopefully within twelve months, I am obviously studying and if I take the one over the 2014 NEC I will want to purchase a 2014 NEC handbook for use during the test and obviously study 2014. I have contacted the licensing board, they directed me to PSI, I contacted PSI, they directed me to the licensing board.

Thanks, any input is appreciated.

mikeames

Occupation
Teacher - Master Electrician - 2017 NEC
I know for MD they (PSI) specify that they are on 2014 until April. At the point it will switch over to 2017. I believe they tell you this on the PSI registration page when you schedule your exam.

2xcheck

Occupation
Maintenance electrician
Good Afternoon,

Currently the Ohio Electrical Contractors License Exam is over the 2014 NEC. This test is administered by PSI, I'm not sure if it is the same test for other states. Would anyone have an idea when they might change the test to be over the 2017 NEC? I am planning on testing hopefully within twelve months, I am obviously studying and if I take the one over the 2014 NEC I will want to purchase a 2014 NEC handbook for use during the test and obviously study 2014. I have contacted the licensing board, they directed me to PSI, I contacted PSI, they directed me to the licensing board.

2020 they are only allowing 2
Good Afternoon,

This year.

Status
Not open for further replies.