Oil Rig Electricians

Status
Not open for further replies.

comres

I have ten years of residential and commercial experience. I have seen drilling rigs in my area, and have heard of an opening for an electrician for a drilling company. Does anyone have any insight as to what oil rig electricians do? What the work is like? With the hours involved, it would basically be doubling my yearly salary - but I'm a little uncomfortable getting into the unknown when I have a steady job now.

Any help?

hurk27

I have ten years of residential and commercial experience. I have seen drilling rigs in my area, and have heard of an opening for an electrician for a drilling company. Does anyone have any insight as to what oil rig electricians do? What the work is like? With the hours involved, it would basically be doubling my yearly salary - but I'm a little uncomfortable getting into the unknown when I have a steady job now.

Any help?

Welcome to the Forum

I would expect allot of control and PLC along with instrumentation knowledge will be needed but then it has been many years since I was offered a job on one, maybe even knowledge in large generators will also be a requirement, I here the food is great and you eat good, Long hours and time away from family can be hard to get used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.