Old electric books

Status
Not open for further replies.

drg

I got this old Electric railroad book the other week from a friend who bought this ladys home library at a auction, the book is from 1910 ,southern school of railway sciences practical studies, 134 E. Van Buren street Chicago. It has a lot of cool pictures of things that I never seen and all kinds of tests and weird railroad stuff in it and tons of question/answer stuff.
Question 27. What are medical effects of electricity?
Answer. They are not well understood; but the passage of current through the body seems to have a curative effect on some diseases.

I also got a 1953 sears, roebuck and co. titled Electric wiring for home and farm.

I traded for a old comic book and 3 dollars
:D

rpmlube

Re: Old electric books

John I have a 1960 American Electricians Hand Book. It has some very cool things in it. Like how to bend conduit in a doorway with wooden blocks and screw jacks. Has calculations and hookups for 2 phase. It maybe old but the information in it is still good and useful even in todays world of high tech.

Bob :D

templdl

Besides some very, very old Westinghouse catalogs I have have the following non of these books is more than 3/4" thick and and 5"x6":

"Instructions for Testing Electrical Apparatus by GE" which doesn't has a printed date but is hand dated July 1920 and signed by a Nicholas Oberle (whoever he was)it is bond unusually with (2) scews, Beguins with a section 9, "Safety First, Never Take Chances,Cautions, and Resusitation which includes pictures. This section is printed with black on very deep Red pages followed buy sections 20-50 starting with Care of instruments,Assembly, conducting tests,Blowers, GAC and DC Generators, Ac and DC motorsConverters,Turbines,Marine sets, Steam consumption, regulators, etc.

"Experimental Electricity" by a Edward Trevery 1903 with all sorts of "how to make" stuff.

"Standard Wiring for Electric and Power" by H.C Cushing, Jr, 1926 "As adopted by the Fire Underwriters of the United Stated in accordance with the National Electrical Codes."

"Audels Wiring Diagrams for Light and Power" by E.P. Anderson(C)1937 and 1939 reprinted in 1946.

And
"Modern Wiring Diagrams and Descriptions for Electrical Workers Illustrated" by Henry C Horstmann and Victor H Tousley "expert electricians" dated 1904.

cs409

i have a 1953 american electricians handbook,,,in great shape,,,,,,,as mentioned above it has tons of good OLD info,,, not for sale,,,,will keep it..given to me by retiring friend....

Status
Not open for further replies.