On-Line Shopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

76nemo

cadpoint said:

It's not that I missed that, I've seen it. My point was that Chris and his team wasn't supported with any from the get go, and that is WRONG!

I bought all of mine, and I never cry about it, I need it. If I'm the boss, and I saw someone NOT utilizing the right gear, than I can find someone willing to wear it to do the job. Just knowing that one simple fact and no others of Chris' company, not supporting PPE turns me off. What? Are we all expendable? I am big on safety and hard on the folks who think they are good enough to think they not need it due to experience.

Now that you have been given the "go-ahead" Chris, get EVERYTHING you need, make sure the guys/gals get fitted properly. On the same note, I don't have any beef working for a company willing to initially buy the gear and taking a deduction out of our checks to pay it back. I certainly don't mind paying for something that will keep me alive, but if you don't have it in the first place, you'll have it before you go in. Maybe some employers have super insurance I am unaware of, maybe they think it just won't happen to one of their guys, maybe they are too cheap, either way, I see it as a no winded loss. These guys are breaking their necks for them, they don't care that they are sporting non-protective in the field:-? Most of us are fathers, we all are sons/daughters. Most of us are brothers or sisters. I would say 99.8% all have family. Is that not enough to turn the opinion this way??????

Okay, so I am rambling. Where is zog's flash video?

Last, and not least. This is the end of our holiday weekend. I hope everyone enjoyed their time and I hope you got to spend it with family. For those of you who worked the whole weekend, I salute you for keeping our services alive. I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend! Take good care:smile:

iwire

Staff member
What Chris describes is very typical of electrical construction contractors.

Very few of the 60,000 something electrical contractors in the US have safety programs and training. It is changing but it is going to be slow to get it happening in all the smaller shops.

iwire

Staff member
BTW, OHSA requires the company to pay for PPE and many companies will not allow employees to supply their own as most PPE has expiration or testing requirements.

76nemo

iwire said:
What Chris describes is very typical of electrical construction contractors.

Very few of the 60,000 something electrical contractors in the US have safety programs and training. It is changing but it is going to be slow to get it happening in all the smaller shops.

Boooobbbbbb, I wanted to end the weekend on a good note:grin:

don_resqcapt19

Staff member
Occupation
retired electrician
mdshunk said:
The three big names have remained Bulwark, Tyndale, and Carrhart. FR clothing is a bit hotter than traditional fabrics, but lasts longer.
I find just the opposite to be true...I only get 50 to 60% of the life that I would get from non-FR clothing. This would be jeans and shirts made from Indura-Ultra soft from both Bulwark and Tyndale. I have not tried the Carrhart stuff as the last time I priced it, their stuff was very over priced and made offshore when compared to others made from the same fabric and made here in the US.

mdshunk

don_resqcapt19 said:
This would be jeans and shirts made from Indura-Ultra soft from both Bulwark and Tyndale. I have not tried the Carrhart stuff as the last time I priced it, their stuff was very over priced and made offshore ....
Of Bulwark and Tyndale, do you have a preference? I find them to both be pretty equal, but I happen to favor Bulwark on a style basis and breadth of product line basis only.

Status
Not open for further replies.