One line software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary11734

You cannot go wrong using Autocad. They are the standard. I have been using them since the DOS days. It will enhance your resume wherever you go. And once you get good at it, you will never know how you did without it. I also have the big format printers for those guys that hate the Ipad in the field.

And, when a general calls and says, can you use Autocad, version X, you have an advantage on your competition that doesn't have it.

If you don't like the price of Autocad LT or standard, then wait until they want you to use Revit. It's coming so you might as well learn it and get on the new way the owner is going to want to see his drawings on the smaller projects.

I think it's a good marketing strategy to differentiate yourself from the competition using 3D drawings.

Gary

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
You cannot go wrong using Autocad. They are the standard. I have been using them since the DOS days. It will enhance your resume wherever you go. And once you get good at it, you will never know how you did without it.
I'm right there with you. I have used SketchUp, Visio, and even (gasp) PowerPoint to make electrical drawings, and they were all like trying to change a tire with a screwdriver. Each is a good tool in its own right but the wrong tool for the job at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.