One short - 5 breakers trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

e57

Got a big fix-it job where owner did all his own wiring - I noticed some 3-wire circuits 'same phased' so I correct that - not bothering to also see if they were double fed as well.... All in one big simultaneous "WHAP!"
2 branch and 3 feeder breakers from both paths trip. He tied smokes from one part of the house to the other in two different re-hack-modeled jobs together - being fed from the same phase had little effect - Until I corrected the 3-wire he had fed one with. One set from one sub-panel, the other from another sub-panel - through another.

Oh and whole time he was adamant that the work was done by this or that person - but he knew too much, and I already had the lo-down that He did it all.... :rolleyes:

mdshunk

I once witnessed every breaker in a panel trip, but that was sabotage. I don't know how that was ever resolved. I was just a pup then.

This situation here sounds like an incredibly poor installation. If what you can see is that bad, I wonder what the work you can't see is like? :confused:

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
mdshunk said:
I once witnessed every breaker in a panel trip, but that was sabotage.
It seems that one would have stayed set, unless it happened when the main was turned on.

mdshunk

LarryFine said:
It seems that one would have stayed set, unless it happened when the main was turned on.
Someone drove gun nails all through the romexes in many places. I don't know what they finally did about it. I know the house would have had to have been rewired, but I don't know if they gutted it to do that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.