Oops

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
So I needed to get out of the wall and roughed in a two gang mud ring flush with the siding and now I want to extend it horizontally through a bell box extension ring but

They don't make a two gang bell box extension ring with three-quarter inch hubs coming
5eeb908ba3b4b07132a6282398fa9b3f.jpg

out the sides.
At least I couldn't find one.
Anyone have any idea

I could sweep down and make a U bend
but that wouldn't look as nice.

Here is actually the question
I remember when you put fluorescent lights in and the opening didn't line up with the 30 ring on the ceiling, one inspector said you could press a big hole in the sheet metal of the troffer to get in the 3/0
As long as you would still be able to see the entire 3/0 from below
What about putting a nema rated 6" sq box on the siding and pressing a 2 inches diameter opening the back of the box and landing a ground wire

Probably just better to bend the u bend for The listed rang :)

62e3ff94b3d213d0ffdbec4e966ac7cc.jpg

In belief, man can do anything

electricalist

put on a 2g wp plate and chase nipple through it into what ever box you want.
Thats what i see.
Is the round wp extension ring for something surface mounted or is that the method to get to the 1 g bell box, a L L conduit body would do the same for you ..90 from the 1g into a L L or L R and you re there.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Thats what i see.
Is the round wp extension ring for something surface mounted or is that the method to get to the 1 g bell box, a L L conduit body would do the same for you ..90 from the 1g into a L L or L R and you re there.

The old round ring is what used to be mounted to the siding with some Romax in a conduit or some nonsense

it's going to be cut away but right now it's over a stairway

I like the Chase nipple and two single gang box because it'll be useful for a device

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I may be missing something, but they make WP box extension rings with hubs. If that is a possibility I would prefer that over blocking access to you box with a cover/chase nipple.

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor

wyreman

Occupation
electrical contractor
Exactly, I'm gonna come out of that piece and nipple down into the part that Augie found

For some reason I was hung up on the two gang box with horizontal 3/4" hub. Couldn't find that her sale anywhere

I can see the knockouts here in the picture you show. But I don't see the three-quarter horizontal hub on that two gang bell box extension ring

Status
Not open for further replies.