Options for Selling Electrical Equipment

rlane00

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
We have a couple of brand new in-the-box SquareD EZM main breaker utility termination boxes that we are trying to sell. I tried listing them on eBay but because I don't use it much my selling limit is only $500, and it doesn't appear easy to get that limit increased in a short amount of time. Any suggestions on how best to sell/market these, especially since the lead times are over a year and there should be fairly high demand?

The specific devices are:
(1) EZM31200GCBUMS: https://www.se.com/us/en/product/EZ...-ez-meterpak-1200a-type-3r-3-ph-65ka-ug-erms/
(1) EZM31000CB: https://www.se.com/us/en/product/EZ...00a-busbar-65ka-sccr-main-breaker-over-under/

I contacted a supplier that we've bought used/refurbished equipment from before, and he said they'd buy them, but wouldn't be able to pay as much as we could get if we sold directly ourselves.

Thanks for the help.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
If you’ve got relationships with any of your competitors, you could reach out to them to see if they have a need for it. If you really don’t think you’ll have another job in the next couple of years that it could be used on, I’d take whatever the refurb supplier is offering. I buy & sell on eBay regularly, and I’d be hesitant to buy a high value item from a seller with limited history. You might also reach out to whoever you bought it from and let them know it’s available if someone calls them needing something like that in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I have sold a lot of new in box and used electrical/instrumentation to Radwell. I make a spread sheet, use their website for new pricing and send it to them. Once I accept the offer I box it up and they pay shipping. It’s simple and keeps that gear out of the landfill.
I had 20 year old 460v 200 amp MTS, panelboard, 5kva transformer, meter socket, all NIB, sold for $5,000, it was a pallet full and they paid freight.

rlane00

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
It's good to hear about Radwell. I saw them in the google search results and saw that the sell stuff, but didn't realize they bought from individuals as well. I'll contact them and see what they can offer. Thanks.

rlane00

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
If you’ve got relationships with any of your competitors, you could reach out to them to see if they have a need for it. If you really don’t think you’ll have another job in the next couple of years that it could be used on, I’d take whatever the refurb supplier is offering. I buy & sell on eBay regularly, and I’d be hesitant to buy a high value item from a seller with limited history. You might also reach out to whoever you bought it from and let them know it’s available if someone calls them needing something like that in a hurry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll see if I can get a firm offer from the refurb supplier. Regarding our supplier, he'd be happy if we just returned them (or cancel the order), but their sales guy (a friend of sorts) actually said we could make more by taking delivery and reselling instead.

I'll check with a few friendly competitors as well, and also some local GCs whose projects are being delayed because of the long lead-times for these items.

Thanks for the input.

waycopp

Occupation
Superintendent
I'll see if I can get a firm offer from the refurb supplier. Regarding our supplier, he'd be happy if we just returned them (or cancel the order), but their sales guy (a friend of sorts) actually said we could make more by taking delivery and reselling instead.

I'll check with a few friendly competitors as well, and also some local GCs whose projects are being delayed because of the long lead-times for these items.

Thanks for the input.
please excuse the double post here, as I am just learning my way around here.
if you still have the EZM 31000, I am anxious to get my hands on a couple of them

slange

New User
Occupation
APM
We have a couple of brand new in-the-box SquareD EZM main breaker utility termination boxes that we are trying to sell. I tried listing them on eBay but because I don't use it much my selling limit is only $500, and it doesn't appear easy to get that limit increased in a short amount of time. Any suggestions on how best to sell/market these, especially since the lead times are over a year and there should be fairly high demand?

The specific devices are:
(1) EZM31200GCBUMS: https://www.se.com/us/en/product/EZ...-ez-meterpak-1200a-type-3r-3-ph-65ka-ug-erms/
(1) EZM31000CB: https://www.se.com/us/en/product/EZ...00a-busbar-65ka-sccr-main-breaker-over-under/

I contacted a supplier that we've bought used/refurbished equipment from before, and he said they'd buy them, but wouldn't be able to pay as much as we could get if we sold directly ourselves.

Thanks for the help.
if you have these still in your hands I would love to purchase the EZM31000CB not sure the quantity you have of these!