Options on water tight connectors for a service

Status
Not open for further replies.

patricknola

Electrical contractor/Generac Dealer
Occupation
Electrical contractor.
Hey Guys, I'm trying to come up with options to run a nipple from a meter pan to a generac transfer switch where the nipple is running out the side of the meter pan ,instead of the bottom, and entering the side of the transfer switch. I already know about Meyer's Hubs but I'm looking for other idea's. On this installation there is only an inch or two space available between the meter pan and the transfer switch. I had been using pvc male connectors with sealing locknuts but the inspector told me he didn't like that idea. I'm doing quite a few of these generators so I need to expand my library of available options. I was also trying to find out if there is a reference volume that would list watertight connectors.Thanks in advance.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
For cabinets in wet locations if you're below the live parts you can use the PVC terminal adapters with a standard locknut. {312.2}

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
I had a city of Atlanta inspector want to turn me down because I had the line and load in the same pipe, when I challenged him on it, he couldn’t come up with a code section (which there isn’t) on why I couldn’t do it that way! LOL!

Cow

Occupation
Electrician
For cabinets in wet locations if you're below the live parts you can use the PVC terminal adapters with a standard locknut. {312.2}

And above terminations, sealing locknuts are acceptable by the NEC.

A rigid nipple and sealing locknut(s) or standard locknut(s) would be standard procedure for us depending on the termination locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.