OSHA 10 Training

Status
Not open for further replies.

kpepin

If anyone is looking to get OSHA 10 Training, I have found an inexpensive way to get one. This page offers training for $18 a person. Most places I found were between $120 to $150. This is a little more teen orientated, but for 15% of the cost, and you get the same OSHA 10 Card, you can't beat it. You can even purchase groups of vouchers to give to your employees. I know if I could get 6 or 7 guys certified for the price of one, I would do it.

I know in CT, you need an OSHA 10 card to work on state projects.

DUCKMAN

Have U

Have U

kpepin said:
If anyone is looking to get OSHA 10 Training, I have found an inexpensive way to get one. This page offers training for $18 a person. Most places I found were between $120 to $150. This is a little more teen orientated, but for 15% of the cost, and you get the same OSHA 10 Card, you can't beat it. You can even purchase groups of vouchers to give to your employees. I know if I could get 6 or 7 guys certified for the price of one, I would do it.

I know in CT, you need an OSHA 10 card to work on state projects.

Have you taken the course? I am an OSHA outreach instructor, and would be interested to know if any useful information is taught in the class. I might try and take it next week myself just to see. Most state OSHA offices offer the OSHA 10 course for free, although it usually is not that convenient.

kpepin

I have not yet. I have heard that my company may have someone come in to give everyone the class. Why spend my $$ if I don't have to?

I worked with someone who told me about the site. All he said is he got his OSHA 10 card.

I've been through so many safety training classes between some of our customers, my required CE every year (which usually spends an hour or 2 going over OSHA requirements), MSHA training, and weekly toolbox talks, I feel like there can't be a heck of a lot more that a standard OSHA 10 class could cover.

MAK

kpepin said:
I have not yet. I have heard that my company may have someone come in to give everyone the class. Why spend my $$ if I don't have to?

I worked with someone who told me about the site. All he said is he got his OSHA 10 card.

I've been through so many safety training classes between some of our customers, my required CE every year (which usually spends an hour or 2 going over OSHA requirements), MSHA training, and weekly toolbox talks, I feel like there can't be a heck of a lot more that a standard OSHA 10 class could cover.

Is your company making you pay for the OSHA 10 card? I would have a big issue with that if that were the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.