Outdoor Scaffold Work

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Have a bunch a feeders running exterior on the outside of a building from 1st to 12th fl. GC said they will provide all scaffolding for this work. Seems to me working off scaffolding and getting material up there would be pretty time consuming. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Just ask the GC if a buckhoist for the scaffold will be provided?

Buckhoists are the norm on all high rise projects I have worked on.

In any case, high rise projects have a lot of lost production time.

Roger

RumRunner

Occupation
Retired EE
this^^^^
hoist platform from roof
transport materials thru building and out window
secure area below, obviously

Can't wait to get it off your chest can you? :cool:

Why would you have to transport the material thru the building from the roof?

Those lightweight aluminum gondolas are assembled at the bottom. These are put together in less than 30 min.

The things that are brought up to the roof are the pulley with the wire rope. The jib crane can be outsourced.

As a substitute for the jib crane (and just as safe) is the yoke that clamps on to the building parapet. For added safety a counter weight using the parapet clamp as the fulcrum with lever.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
this^^^^
hoist platform from roof
transport materials thru building and out window
secure area below, obviously

Those lightweight aluminum gondolas are assembled at the bottom. These are put together in less than 30 min.

The things that are brought up to the roof are the pulley with the wire rope. The jib crane can be outsourced.

As a substitute for the jib crane (and just as safe) is the yoke that clamps on to the building parapet. For added safety a counter weight using the parapet clamp as the fulcrum with lever.

He said hoist platform from the roof not the material.

Maybe the OP will tell us if the scaffolding is already in place making other options impossible.

Ingenieur

Can't wait to get it off your chest can you? :cool:

???
get what off my chest?
are you saying you would transport material thru the bldg to the roof?
then hoist it down?
I would use a freight elev if avail and deliver it floor by floor as work progressed

RumRunner

Occupation
Retired EE
???
get what off my chest?
are you saying you would transport material thru the bldg to the roof?
then hoist it down?
I would use a freight elev if avail and deliver it floor by floor as work progressed

No, as you work up to the top, you load your material in the gondola with your tools and workmen.

The gondola, depending on the capacity you choose can handle 2000 lbs. This can go up or down. On the next coffee break, your men can load half a bundle of rmc or a whole bundle of 1/2 emt.

Do you have a three hundred lb dude working for you? A lot of skin but some ec
hire those seven footers so they can work without ladders.:)

mstrlucky74

How will you be loading the scaffold with the conduit and installing it? For RMC risers we use an electric wench installed about 10 floors above the risers and lift the RMC that way.

how does the wench process work and how does it lift the conduits? is this for interior risers?

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
whats a buckhoist?
It's a construction elevator, some are for material only and some cab be personnel transport.

SC_Stadium_Hoist_for_web.jpg

Roger

WasGSOHM

Occupation
EE
Just like when you go to the hospital, you put your life in the hands of
pieces of equipment you didn't make
and
many people you don't even know.

Minimize both.

12 Stories???

Status