Overstuffed J-Box?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwhitney

Occupation
Retired
314.28(A)(2)- “Where splices…………..”?
"Where splices" is the start of the first paragraph and refers to the requirement on distance between the raceway entry and the opposite wall.

The paragraph on "raceway entries enclosing the same conductor" does not apply a spliced conductor, as the two sides of the splice are different conductors.

Cheers, Wayne

Greentagger

Occupation
Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector
Respectfully, definitely not clear enough to me.
My apologies, looked again and believe i see where you are coming from. Box will probably still required to be bigger than 12”? Help me understand where you’re coming from with this. Thanks.

Greentagger

Occupation
Master Electrician, Electrical Inspector
The language I quoted very clearly says the 6x between conduits does not apply to spliced conductors....as a spliced conductor is two conductors, not one.

My apologies, looked again and believe i see where you are coming from. Box will probably still required to be bigger than 12”? Help me understand where you’re coming from with this. Thanks.

Agreed . You have shown me the light and the errs of my ways. I’ll have another helpin of that humble pie please sir.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Bending radius and pulling damage.

Two conductors entering a box, and then joined, need not be bent and stressed like one pulled in and then out will.

Each splice can be made in whichever orientation requires the least bending. A single wire must make the full bend.

Status
Not open for further replies.