?? P Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstrlucky74

Anyone know what this power break is. They shown furniture with a poke thru. Not sure what is meant by the power break.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Capture 2.jpg
    Capture 2.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0

victor.cherkashi

I never saw this wording in my 7 years in electrical design field. Some architect have funny language to describe engineer's items

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

sameguy

Occupation
Master Elec./JW retired
Do you have your spec book?
Is there a listing on the print showing symbols?
Is there cut sheets for the furniture?
PB to me is a push button; time to RFI.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
I would say that it is a receptacle into which the modular furniture system can be plugged. (That is why coordination with the furniture vendor is called out.)
Rather than Power Break, I would use the word disconnect for this feature.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
Are you sure that it's power break and not power box? I could see this as the transition point between the furniture system and the branch circuits feeding it.

JoeStillman

I would imagine it means a break in the furniture wiring harness - everything past that point in the electrified furniture is on a different circuit - or not wired at all.

I find that architects throw those kinds of terms around like they actually mean something. They look at me cross-eyed when I ask them how many circuits they need for a five-wire system. "How can you not know how many circuits?! I already told you, it's five-wire!?"

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
When I was a DJ in a nightclub back in the 70's, whenever I needed a P Break I would just put on Nights in White Satin. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.