painting cut ends of strut and threads for corrosion protection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceb58

I wish quranoke would chime in. He works for the company that builds the buildings. I think what they use is several steps above the dip you can buy in the big box stores

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
I wish quranoke would chime in. He works for the company that builds the buildings. I think what they use is several steps above the dip you can buy in the big box stores

This is what we use, and have used for years. Of course we buy it by the gallon can. Dip in the rod or strut let it sit for a bit and have at it. We use red but it is available in different colors.
Of course we are in a manufacturing environment so we have time for this.
You can paint this on as well but we dip it because we like stuff to look like we meant to do it like that!

http://www.plastidip.com/industrial_solutions/Plasti_Dip_Bulk

tom baker

First Chief Moderator
Staff member
I've used all kinds for cold galv spray and paint. The paint is very messy and hard to use. For spray paint, Crown Cold Galv is the best, the nozzle does not plug. I clean cut threads with electra clean and then spray cold galv, and then a bit of penatrox e

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
The company that builds our communication buildings dips the ends of strut in " plastic dip " it makes for a nice clean end and helps protect some one from snagging their arm on a sharp corner.
makers_mark_Bourbon_bottle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.