panel for a narrow space

Status
Not open for further replies.

augmas50

Occupation
Electrician/Electrical contractor
I am trying to find a panel that is 12" wide. The panel that needs to be replaced is an old Zinsco Panel and is less than 10 inches wide. Do they make a panel that is 12 inches wide or less to fit in the space? I have to notch regardless but its between a door frame and a wall. I can't seem to find one. thank you

mopowr steve

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I seem to remember seeing something in (for example) a Siemens catalog that did list some oddball size panels once.
Check with your local distributor about it. If such a thing can even be ordered with any kind of descent time frame!

Barney B

Occupation
Electrical Instructor/Trainer
Several manufacturers make (or have made) what are called "column width" panel boards. The ones I remember for sure were Square D with an enclosure 8½"-9" wide, but there were also some similar GEs.

jim dungar

Staff member
Occupation
PE (Retired) - Power Systems
Several manufacturers make (or have made) what are called "column width" panel boards. The ones I remember for sure were Square D with an enclosure 8½"-9" wide, but there were also some similar GEs.
These are definitely not load center construction or pricing.

garbo

Have installed conduit out of several narrow column panels but wonder if they are wide enough to install AFCI circuit breakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.